The themes I wanted to work on for January were:
- Continue with Presence and Deep Work. I got a lot of reading done on this and some good work in January. Going forward I’ll be experimenting with strategy and tactics for increasing my Deep Work time (and my presence with respect to Deep Work and, really, everything).
- Fascism and Totalitarianism. Didn’t get far with this, since I wanted to start with Hanna Arendt and (surprise surprise!) it’s in great demand at my libary, so I haven’t risen to the top of the queue. I’ll continue this thread in February
- The Body. 4HB was a bit disappointing on second reading. Tim Ferriss is a great showman and he has all kinds of cool hacks, but for my Body scheme I’m moving forward with more classic approaches: Weight Watchers, YAYOG (You Are Your Own Gym), and the “Younger Next Year” approach to working (back) up to fitness.
Themes for February
- Continue with Fascism and Totalitarianism. Hopefully Arendt will become available soon at the library (or I may just have to spring for it). Open to other suggestions
- PowerPoint innards. I have a scheme to code a web app which will check your PowerPoint deck for “5 common Intelligent Pitching flaws” per my work on Intelligent Pitching over the last couple of years. See back posts for more.
- Poker. I’m in a regular poker game but not getting any better at it. Time to buckle down and do some reading and deliberate practice.
Welcome your thoughts…