The three themes I wanted to work on for December were:
- World of the Adjunct: I gave this one some thought and a little bit of study; I was able to clarify my feelings about being an Adjunct if nothing else
- Reaching Entrepreneurs: Just got started with this one, and most of the work so far has been practical: talking to people who work with entrepreneurs, finding out what “channels” entrepreneurs use and trust (to the extent this can be generalized about). I’ll continue with this work in January, but doesn’t need explicit study
- Presence and Deep Work. I’m still working on some of the readings I found for December, and will report on these as appropriate.
New themes for January:
- Continue with Presence and Deep Work (as above). The greater my capacity to focus on Deep Work, the better things will go, and I need to augment my toolkit for engaging in Deep Work, well, Deeply.
- Fascism and Totalitarianism. I had intended in any case to learn more about “Modern European Thinking” in 2017: Heidegger, Freud, Judt, etc. But I’ll want to start with some reading on Fascism, Totalitarianism, and other forms of tyrrany. Begin with Hannah Arendt “On Totalitarianism” and see where that takes us.
- The Body. I kick off New Years (like most folks) with resolutions to have a better body in 2017, so I’ll want to read some more about this area, establish tentative comm with my body, etc. I’ll start here by re-reading “The 4-hour body”, by Tim Ferriss.
Welcome your thoughts and comments… Happy New Year.