OK, May is over, time to re-tool for Month 5.
Start by retiring a couple, which proved to be No Problem:
- Be Interesting when you get on stage: Didn’t prove to be a problem for me. This is one area where I’ve been blessed with plenty chutzpah. Honorably Discharged
- Learn to Love the Phone: Surprisingly, this has proven to be a fairly smooth area, too, after years of hating and fearing talking on the phone. Maybe a collateral effect of other chutzpah builders? Honorably Discharged
New ones for May:
- Continue with Speak Truth to Power: This hasn’t been easy to get going; maybe we need a dose of mindfulness about occasions when I should have done so, but didn’t.
- Dare to meet people more popular than you. I hate this; I shrink away from meeting people I think are popular, even when I might really like them or vice versa.
- Dare to be unpredictable. A fundamental tool of chutzpah is keep people a bit on edge about what you’re going to do next. This will likely not be easy for me.
- Dare to say “No”. A staple of Assertiveness Training. Good practice.
Wish me luck.